Monkey Banana. Can you handle the cool?

Monkey Banana.  Can you handle the cool?

Wednesday, April 21, 2010

I'm officially 1 week clean!

Coffee is officially no longer an issue for me! In 1 week I suffered the migraines, the shakes, and then, the horrible issue of what coffee does to one's intestines.

So, since I quit coffee (and consequently, sugar) as well as removing wheat products from my diet, I have lost nearly 7lbs.

Wait... 7lbs in a week? I'm fairly certain that most of this was water retention, and that I won't be losing a pound a day beyond this point.

But I've noticed a huge difference in how my clothes fit, and how my belly looks! Which was my original goal/intent with the sugar/wheat thing... get rid of my jellybelly. It's working!

It turns out that I don't miss wheat, and due to the whole Gluten-Free diet madness, it's really easy to find wheat-free grain products. Today I will be making spelt loaves. I had spelt flakes for breakfast, which... don't let my Irish ancestors hear this... is better than porridge!

Also, today is my birthday. No plans, no fanfare. We had a family celebration on sunday at my mom's. Matt got me the Wii! So... Wii Fit, here I come! More skinnies!

Also, new pics of Darla!

Happy Hump Day my friends!!!


2 comments:

  1. are you jokes guy!??? 7lbs!? wowzers! love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm workin' on it, girl. We can't all be as fab and slim as you :)

    ReplyDelete